Black America Internet Featured Video
Having the ability to yearly have a good time Hip-Hop Historical past Month has loads to do with the inspiration that was developed in rap all through the Nineties, notably throughout the “Shiny Swimsuit Period” reign of Unhealthy Boy Data.
Led by newly-crowned cannabis CEO Sean “Puff Daddy / P. Diddy / Diddy / Love” Combs, the label gave delivery to hip-hop and R&B musicians that we now take a look at as legends of the sport as we speak. From the Queen Of Hip-Hop Soul, Mary J. Blige, to the dearly missed however everlasting King of New York Rap himself, The Infamous B.I.G., each icons and a handful of others started their journey on a beat produced by Unhealthy Boy Data.
After all, for individuals who’ve lived and danced by way of the hits and/or studied the Unhealthy Boy period, their shining moments got here all the way down to these signature remixes. Combs and The Hitmen had a manner of sampling traditional soul information from the ’60s all the best way to the ’80s and giving it a ultimate layer of boom-bap, DJ scratching and melodic hooks that utterly made the brand new product sound like one thing that you simply’ve by no means heard earlier than however gained’t quickly get out of your head.
In celebration of a pivotal second in Hip-Hop historical past, along with sending a birthday week shoutout to Mr. Combs himself, we rounded up a choice of timeless information that sum up why, actually, Unhealthy Boy would possibly’ve very effectively invented the remix.
Sure, you will note many appearances by Mary and Biggie. Sure, Diddy shall be credited by rap persona based mostly on period. No, we can’t assure that you simply gained’t be standing up doing the Harlem shake earlier than the third slide. Take pleasure in!
Proceed celebrating Hip-Hop Historical past Month with us by testing 15 of the best Unhealthy Boy Data remixes, and tell us which of them you suppose we missed:
1. “One Extra Probability / Stick with Me (Remix)” – The Infamous B.I.G. feat. Religion Evans, Keisha from Complete and Mary J. Blige
Producer: Sean “Puffy” Combs & Rashad Smith
2. “Flava in Ya Ear (Remix)” – Craig Mack feat. The Infamous B.I.G., LL Cool J, Rampage and Busta Rhymes
Producer: Simple Mo Bee
3. “Particular Supply (Remix)” – G. Dep feat. Ghostface Killah, Keith Murray and Craig Mack
Producer: EZ Elpee
4. “Honey (Unhealthy Boy Remix)” – Mariah Carey feat. Mase & The LOX
Producer: Mariah Carey, Sean “Puffy” Combs, The Ummah & Stevie J
5. “Actual Love (Remix)” – Mary J. Blige feat. The Infamous B.I.G.
6. TIE: “I Want a Lady (Half One)” Diddy feat. Usher and Loon / “I Want a Lady (Half Two)” feat. Ginuwine, Loon, Mario Winans and Tammy Ruggieri
Producer (Half 1 & Half 2): Sean “P. Diddy” Combs and Mario Winans for the Hitmen
7. “No One Else (Puff Daddy Remix)” – Complete feat. Cunning Brown, Lil’ Kim and Da Brat
Producer: Sean “Puffy” Combs and Jean-Claude “Poke” Olivier
8. “No Extra Drama (Mario Winans Remix)” – Mary J. Blige Feat. P. Diddy
Producer: Sean “P. Diddy” Combs and Mario Winans for the Hitmen
9. “The Issues That You Do (Unhealthy Boy Remix)” – Gina Thompson feat. Missy Elliott
Producer: Rodney Jerkins and Sean “Puffy” Combs
10. “Solely You (Unhealthy Boy Remix)” – 112 feat. The Infamous B.I.G. & Mase
Producer: Steven “Stevie J” Jordan
11. “Reminisce (Unhealthy Boy Remix)” – Mary J. Blige feat. C.L. Clean
Producer: Jesse West
12. “Sitting Dwelling (Ready For You Remix)” – Complete feat. Shyne & The Infamous B.I.G.
Producer: Daven “Status” Vanderpool
13. “Mary Jane (All Night time Lengthy) (Remix)” – Mary J. Blige feat. LL Cool J & Puff Daddy
Producer: Chucky Thompson & Sean “Puffy” Combs
14. “Burnin’ Up (Remix)” – Religion Evans feat. Missy Elliott, Freeway & P. Diddy
Producer: The Neptunes
15. “I Love You (Remix)” – Cheri Dennis feat. Jim Jones and Yung Joc
Producer: Ryan Leslie